This page does not have a description.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Source: Heather Halsey, Second Chance Farm (Entered by Karen Childress)
Lambsquarters is a naturalized spinach relative. Very nutritious! 6 grams protein, 281% DV vitamin A, 111%DV vitamin C, lots of vitamin K…This recipe is delicious and much lower in fat and cholesterol than typical quiches. Feel free to change the egg mixture if you are not concerned about cholesteraol, and to add other vegetables as you see fit.
Serves: makes one quiche
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup cheese in bottom of uncooked pie crust
- Pack lambsquarters on top, filling pie shell close to the top.
- Whisk whole eggs, egg whites, skim milk, and nutmeg together.
- Pour egg and milk mixture over lambsquarters, slowly. Mixture should be visible but not as high as lambsquarters.
- Sprinkle rest of cheese on top, dust with paprika, and bake 45 minutes or until golden brown and firm in center.
Comments added by fellow market members.