This page does not have a description.
Here are some frequently asked questions:
- How does online ordering work?
- How do I pay with SNAP/EBT?
- How do I become a vendor at this market?
- How do I become a Member?
- When will the regular outdoor farmers market return?
- Why is supporting local farmers important?
- Where is the order delivery/pickup?
- Other Questions?
And here are some answers:
How does online ordering work?
- Get started by creating a customer account and log in each Wednesday to see what’s “at the farmers market”
- Farmers post their available products on The Market page each week.
- The market opens for ordering at noon on Wednesdays. Customers shop & place orders until 6pm on Thursday
- All orders are pre-paid online. There is a 3% convenience fee to cover the cost of credit card processing
EBT/SNAP may be also used to pay for orders (details on the Q and A page)
- Saturday morning, farmers will deliver to us and we will prepare your order
- Pick up your order at the back of the Jonesborough Courthouse drive-thru style starting at 10am Saturday. If there are many orders, we will designate a specific pick-up time to each customer to avoid long waits
How do I pay with SNAP/EBT?
- Get started by creating a customer account
- Go to Boone Street Market to pre-pay in person for an online market credit that will be applied to your online account. You may do this at any time during Boone Street Market opening hours (M-F 10am-6pm, Saturday 10am-5pm). Boone Street Market will need your name and the email address associated with your account in order to apply the credit.
- When the market is open for ordering (Weds noon – Thursday 6pm), place your order and it will be paid for online using your credit balance.
- All SNAP customers will automatically receive Double Up Food Bucks credit that matches purchases up to $20 per order. This credit is applied for fruits, vegetables, herbs and mushrooms.
- Any unused credits paid by EBT are 100% refundable to your EBT Card.
- Any unused Double Up Food Bucks credit can be used at Boone Street Market.
- If you need help in ordering, you may call Boone Street Market to schedule a time to come to the store to purchase your credit and place your order during ordering hours. Phone is 423-753-4722
- Questions? contact us email@example.com
How do I become a vendor at this market?
Please read our guidelines and complete an application at jonesboroughlocallygrown.org Once you are approved, you will receive instructions for posting your farm and products on this site.
How do I become a Member?
Membership is not required to shop online, but Jonesborough Locally Grown does offer an annual membership program. Our members provide important support to our 501©3 organization and directly supports our operation of the Jonesborough Farmers Market, Boone Street Market, and more. Our members receive a 5% discount on all purchases at Boone Street Market, plus advance notice about our most popular events.
Memberships are $50 for 1 year, $90 for 2 years, and $125 for a 3-year membership. Become a member at Boone Street Market, on our website, or right here on the online market!
If you’re interested in sponsoring one of our special local food events, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you!
When will the regular outdoor farmers market return?
As soon as it is safe to do so. We will send a message to our online customers, post in our newsletter & on social media when we have an opening date.
Why is supporting local farmers important?
Enhance your local economy: By purchasing produce and other items from local growers you are providing stability to your local economy through the support of local businesses.
Save natural resources: Buying locally makes you an invaluable link in the process of saving resources such as fossil fuels and packaging materials. Also, we are right here in your community so the expense of transportation and delivery is kept to a minimum.
Provide learning opportunities: Locally Grown supporters provide member growers the means to help educate our community about the importance of sustainable agriculture.
Supporting a way of life: The number of small farms in the United States has decreased dramatically in the last decade. Please help us preserve an honest and worthy means of making a living.
We believe that small, diverse, family-owned farms contribute to society’s overall health.
Where is the order delivery/pickup?
Jonesborough Farmers Market Online
100 E. Courthouse Square
Jonesborough, TN 37659
Customer pick-up: Saturdays, 10am-noon