This page does not have a description.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
David's Southern Waffles
Source: David Phillips, former chef/owner of Dogwood Land Restaurant (Entered by Karen Childress)
David cooked up these waffles at the Market’s August 20 chef demonstration. Topped with Ziegenwald mulberry goat cheese & fresh raspberries from Buffalo Trail Orchard, also Ziegenwald peach chevre and fresh peaches from Andy McIntosh and Honeymoon Acres honey. Another version was a savory waffle with basil in the batter, topped with plain goat cheese and tomatoes.
Step by Step Instructions
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add beaten egg and stir into dry ingredients.
- Add milk and stir until batter is smooth.
- Ladle batter onto preheated waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
- Garnish with combinations of goat cheese, fruit and honey (described above), or chopped pecans, caramelized bananas. Top off with warm maple syrup, honey, or molasses
Comments added by fellow market members.