This page does not have a description.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Cari's JBO Market Veggie Tian
Source: Cari Jarman (Entered by Karen Childress)
I made this using ingredients from the JBO Market, with the exception of the olive oil. It can be made vegan by leaving out the cheese, and gluten free by leaving off the breadcrumbs. Eggplant can also be used in place of, or in addition to, the other sliced veggies. Just slice thin and salt for a while to let it sweat, and rinse off.
Serves: 4 as a main, more if used as a side
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Finely dice the onion and mince the garlic. Sauté both in a skillet with olive oil until softened (about five minutes).
- While the onion and garlic are sautéing, thinly slice the rest of the vegetables about 1/4". Slice the potatoes a bit thinner than the rest - they take longer to cook otherwise
- Spray the inside of an 8x8 square or round baking dish with non-stick spray. Spread the softened onion and garlic in the bottom of the dish. Place the thinly sliced vegetables in the baking dish vertically, in an alternating pattern. Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. wn
- Remove the foil, top with cheese and breadcrumbs and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown